Stay Thirsty My Friends

Catch All Health & Fitness

Almost everyone has seen the famous Dos Equis “Stay thirsty, my friends” commercials but this year, that phrase has more than one meaning for our Ragnar Relay team.

In short, a Ragnar Relay is a 200 mile non-stop 12-person relay race, in our case, starting in Madison, Wis. and ending in Chicago June 7-8. (Still confused? See the video from last year at the bottom of this post.) Our team “Drinking Club with a Running Problem” survived last year and has returned under a new name “Booze Crew with Running Shoes.” Are you sensing a theme here?

This year, we are also extremely grateful to be sponsored by Dos Equis and Heineken. While we won’t be enjoying celebratory beverages until the finish line at Montrose Harbor, we will definitely be “staying thirsty” in the blazing sun with little to no sleep. But hey, that’s the fun of it!

Ragnar 2013

Also, a huge shout-out to our unofficial sponsors including all of our volunteers and my sister who made our team yet another spectacular logo. If you’re anxious to follow along what is bound to be a ridiculous 36 hours, here’s your chance:

Twitter: @JillianBraun (guess who), @RagnarBoozeCrew (team), @RagnarRelay (the series) and a whole list of bloggers running #RagnarChi can be found at this magnificent Twitter list.

Or on Instagram: Here.

And to answer your question, yes, we are all insane.

Source: my own & Elissa Braun

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

elissa
    June 5, 2013 at 8:23 pm

yayayaya! get it, girl! can’t wait to hear all about it. and remember, nothing is worst than family picture day. nothing ever.

jillianbraun
    June 5, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Thanks again for the help Lissy! And you’re right nothing. Nothing ever.

Ellen
    June 5, 2013 at 9:01 pm

So proud of you…I’ll be there to cheer you and your team on, but not at 2:46am. Sorry! Love you, Mom

jillianbraun
      June 5, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Haha that’s okay! The only “person” I saw during my night run last year was a coyote. Eek.

Suzi
    June 5, 2013 at 9:22 pm

See you in Helensville and then at the glorious finish line. Best of luck!

jillianbraun
      June 6, 2013 at 6:05 am

Can’t wait to see you Suzi!

Erin
    June 7, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hi! I’m running my first Ragnar in August, and I was wondering where you got your blue team shirts this year and the royal blue ones last year? Thanks! Have fun!

jillianbraun
      June 8, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Hi Erin! Thanks for reaching out! We got the royal blue ones (last year) from the charity we were fundraising for (Chasing Chad). This year, we got the teal and grey colored shirts from our corporate sponsor Dos Equis. However, you do not need to fundraise or need a corporate sponsor, we just found it easier (esp. financially). Each year, you are provided one tech tee from Ragnar too. Hope that helps!

Erin
        June 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thanks! I enjoyed following all your tweets these past two days. I am even more excited to run Ragnar Great River now… if that’s possible! I heard the Ragnar women’s tech tees run really small. Have you found that to be true?

jillianbraun
          June 9, 2013 at 9:58 am

Yes! The women’s tees do run a little small. I ordered one size up and it fits perfectly. If you have any other questions or last minute nerves, feel free to reach me at jillian dot t dot braun at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

• Erin
            June 9, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Thank you! I’m sure I’ll have more questions since I’m our team’s captain!