Although I’m not usually one for New Year’s resolutions, I’ve also been spending some of my time snowed in thinking about all the things I’d like to accomplish this year. And since I can’t get 30 Rock off my brain, here’s a brief bucket list for 2014, as told by Liz Lemon:
1. Embrace “yes.” Ever since joining Second City, I’ve been inspired by the “yes, and” philosophy and hope to continue to apply it to my life and seize opportunities as they come.
2. Have the strength to say “no.” Although this seems contradictory, I’d like to take the time this year to reestablish my priorities and make sure I stick to them – even if it means saying no.
3. Push myself. This year that challenge lies in the Tough Mudder. Lord, help me.
4. Start – and finish – new things. When I started taking classes at Second City this year, I never thought it would turn into anything. Almost a year later and I’m graduating, have the best troupe a gal could ask for and am part of a sketch comedy team. Time to do some more of that!
5. Stop worrying. Embrace the “everything happens for a reason” and “cross that bridge when we get to it” mantras.
6. Travel. Everywhere, anywhere. The Grand Canyon, California and Puerto Rico are on my wish list this year.
7. Spend less time on social media. I check three Twitter accounts and six e-mails every morning. SIX. Granted most are work-related, it’s time to cut-back on the social media and be present in the real, not digital, world.
So what do you say 2014? Let’s do this.