Download A Grammar of Lezgian by Martin Haspelmath PDF
By Martin Haspelmath
The sequence builds an intensive number of prime quality descriptions of languages around the globe. each one quantity bargains a accomplished grammatical description of a unmarried language including absolutely analyzed pattern texts and, if acceptable, a glossary and different correct details that's on hand at the language in query. There aren't any regulations as to language family members or zone, and even supposing targeted awareness is paid to hitherto undescribed languages, new and precious remedies of higher identified languages also are incorporated. No theoretical version is imposed at the authors; the one criterion is a excessive usual of medical caliber.
Read or Download A Grammar of Lezgian PDF
Similar foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
This variation is written in English. besides the fact that, there's a working German word list on the backside of every web page for the more challenging English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are numerous versions of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s courtroom. This variation
Scholars of Akkadian will locate this convenient selection of simple details to be the correct spouse via their years of research. notwithstanding this guide isn't really a alternative for a standard reference works, it summarizes all of the simple source fabrics wanted for the research of Akkadian. integrated are the next: miscellaneous is helping, paradigms of nouns and verbs, a thesaurus of significant right nouns, an index of logograms, an indication checklist with entire signal values, and masses extra.
- Beginner's Lithuanian (Beginner's (Foreign Language))
- Jane Eyre (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition)
- Perspectives on Arabic Linguistics: Papers from the Annual Symposium on Arabic Linguistics. Volume VII: Austin, Texas 1993
- Essential Chinese: Speak Chinese with Confidence!
Additional info for A Grammar of Lezgian
Mejlanova 1957, 1959, 1970). The Axceh dialect group is located in what used to be the Samurskij okrug with its capital Axty/Axceh, now the Axtynskij rayon. Mejlanova (1964) calls it the Samur dialect group and subdivides it into the Axceh dialect and the Doquzpara dialect. The Axceh dialect is spoken in the western part of the Axtynskij rayon and in adjacent parts of the Rutul'skij rayon (cf. Genko 1926, Gajdarov 1961). The Doquzpara dialect is spoken in the former Dokuzparinskij uiastok of the Samurskij okrug; now the eastern part of the Axtynskij rayon.
4. The effect of language contact on Lezgian (22) balug öaqal qarpuz iizüm texil 27 'fish' 'jackal' 'water melon' 'grapes' 'grain' In the last couple of decades, the influence from Russian has been stronger than from any other language. This is quite natural because of the overwhelming significance of Russian in Soviet society. It is quite difficult to establish the extent to which Russian loanwords have entered Lezgian because a large number of Lezgian speakers (especially in Daghestan) also know Russian and ad hoc borrowings are very common.
3. A user's guide to this grammar 11 verbal categories nastojaäiee I nastojaäiee II buduäiee proäedäee nesoveräennoe I proäedäee nesoveräennoe II proäedäee nesoveräennoe III buduäiee predpoloZitel'noe I buduäiee predpolo2itel'noe II proäedäee I proäedäee II proäedäee III davnoproSedäee I davnoproäedäee II celevaja forma povelitel'noe nakl. 1st person Imperfective Continuative Imperfective Future Past Imperfective Continuative Past Imperfective Past Future Archaic Future Archaic Past Future Aorist Archaic Preterit Perfect Past Aorist Past Perfect Infinitive/Imperfective converb Hortative Imperative Optative Masdar Note that I follow Comrie's (1976) convention of capitalizing languageparticular morphological categories such as Ergative case or Past Future tense, whereas universal or purely semantic categories are not capitalized.