Download Building Polyfills by Brandon Satrom PDF
By Brandon Satrom
You’ll additionally discover the way forward for polyfilling—or prollyfilling—that will provide help to attempt and paintings with rising techniques, usually sooner than browser owners. by the point you end this e-book, you’ll have the instruments and hands-on adventure you must construct trustworthy polyfills for today’s and tomorrow’s net.
- Learn the present kingdom of polyfills, together with shims, opt-ins, and drop-ins
- Use rules and practices to construct accountable polyfills that profit the whole net improvement neighborhood
- Build out numerous good points for an HTML5 varieties polyfill library
- Configure a construct surroundings and run automatic cross-browser checking out
- Optimize functionality, deal with side instances, and fine-tune the rate of your polyfill
- Get examples of prollyfilling libraries that push the bounds of the internet
- Write a pattern prollyfill and examine it to present polyfill builds
Read or Download Building Polyfills PDF
- Google Web Toolkit Applications [GWT
- ES6 & Beyond
- The Node Beginner Book
Additional resources for Building Polyfills
Just as with the color type, Kendo UI Web has a NumericTestBox widget that functions as a nice edit mask control for floating-point values, so we’ll use this widget to polyfill nonsupporting browsers. js, just after my color type code. Example 3-10. kendoNumericTextBox(); } To test this feature, I can load my sample form in a browser that doesn’t support the number type, like IE9 or Firefox, or use the alwaysUseWidgets option. It works like a charm, and you’ll also notice that attributes like min and max, which I specified for the Age field on my sample form in Example 3-4, were preserved by the Kendo UI Numer‐ icTextBox widget.
1) 38 | Chapter 3: Building Your First Polyfill, Part 1: Getting Started To Feature Detect or Not to Feature Detect Of course, there’s a catch. As it happens, if you view the sample page in a browser that does support the color type (like Chrome or Opera), you’ll notice that a ColorPicker was created in these browsers as well. This is because my current implementation doesn’t bother to perform feature detection for the color type, instead overriding every occur‐ rence of the type on every browser.
I’ll start by creating a new folder for my polyfill, called kendo-ui-forms in my usual development folder on my machine. Then, I’ll open a terminal window in that directory and initialize a new GitHub repo by running the git init command. git. If you’re not familiar with setting up a new remote repository, head over to GitHub, create a new repository for your project, and follow the on-screen instructions. With that done, your local and remote repositories will be all set up, and it will be time to add some essential project files.