Geography Cultures

Download Countries of the Middle East (World in Conflict-the Middle by Cory Gideon Gunderson PDF

Posted On March 3, 2017 at 7:52 pm by / Comments Off on Download Countries of the Middle East (World in Conflict-the Middle by Cory Gideon Gunderson PDF

By Cory Gideon Gunderson

Introduces a number of the nations of the center East, together with Syria, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, and their function within the on-going tensions that exist during this area.

Show description

Read Online or Download Countries of the Middle East (World in Conflict-the Middle East) PDF

Best geography & cultures books

Amazing Arctic & Antarctic Projects You Can Build Yourself (Build It Yourself series)

The far flung lands of the North and South Poles are tested during this revealing consultant, allowing young children to discover the coldest locations on the earth from the heat in their houses. From polar exploration and penguins to Inuit cultures and the tundra, basic but thorough reasons are supplied for quite a number Arctic and Antarctic subject matters whereas copious vocabulary notes and enjoyable factoids improve the fabric.

The Grand Canyon (Lightning Bolt Books - Famous Places)

Have you obvious rocks which are greater than billion years previous? prepare to go to the Grand Canyon! hundreds of thousands of individuals trip to Arizona to go to this notable position every year. yet simply how huge is the Grand Canyon? and the way was once it made? learn this booklet to determine! Age variety: 6 and up

Leif Eriksson. Norwegian Explorer

A quick advent to the existence and accomplishments of the Norwiegan explorer Lief Eriksson.

Extra resources for Countries of the Middle East (World in Conflict-the Middle East)

Example text

Magnesium: a metallic element. manganese: a metallic element. Mazandarani: an Iranian ethnic group. Mediterranean Sea: the largest inland sea located between Europe, Africa, and Asia. Morocco: a Middle Eastern country. Muslim: a believer of Islam; the Islamic religion is based on the teaching of Muhammad. Oman: a sultan-led country of the Southeast Arabian Peninsula. -led attack against Iraq. Ottoman Empire: sultan-ruled land of southwest Asia, northeast Africa, and southeast Europe. Pakistan: a Middle Eastern country.

Arabs make up the country’s main ethnic group at 90 percent of the population. The other 10 percent is made up of Kurds, Armenians, and people of other nationalities. Seventy-four percent of the Syrian population is Sunni Muslim. Sixteen percent is Alawite, Druze, or from other Muslim groups. Christians make up 10 percent of the population. A few Jewish communities make up less than one percent of the total population. Syria has fewer oil and gas deposits than many of its neighbors. The country supports itself by producing and exporting what petroleum it does have.

Talc: a mineral. Tehran: the capital of Iran. telecommunication: electronic systems used in transmitting information. Examples are the telegraph, cable, telephone, TV, and radio. terrorism: the illegal use of violence by a person or group of people with the intention of intimidating a society or government. textile: a cloth, typically one that is woven or knitted. tourism: the practice of traveling for pleasure. Tunisia: a Middle Eastern country. Turkmenistan: a Middle Eastern country. Turkey: a Middle Eastern country.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.09 of 5 – based on 5 votes